Yep, I found the Holy Grail of low calorie, healthy desserts: a 100-calorie frosted brownie. And, these are no-bake, 100-calorie frosted brownies! I declare this to be crusade worthy! Get thee to the store and buy some dates.
Chewy, sweet, chocolatey, a bit of a crunch, yummy ganache…ahhh. I’m in brownie heaven. And, since it’s already registering Hades on my outdoor thermometer here, my oven remained cold and my kitchen cool as a cucumber. And look down at the list of ingredients. Nothing crazy. Everything you need is readily available at regular grocers! Thank you, Hot Chocolate Hits, for this recipe. You are definitely a hit with me.
Ingredients for the brownie:
- 1 cup nuts (I use half walnuts (50 g) and half almonds (75 g) but any nut you like is fine!)
- 6 tbsp (30 g) raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (225 g) soft dates (such as Medjool) pitted*
- 2-4 tbsp almonds, roughly chopped (for crunch) + more for garnish (optional)
Ingredients for the chocolate ganache frosting:
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or any other sweetener (for a sweeter ganache, use 2 tbsp syrup)
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 6 grams
- Net Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Tip #1: Don’t eat the whole batch in one sitting.
Happy eating, my friends.