Low Carb Party Snacks
Total Carbs: 5g
Net Carbs: 4g
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
4 ounces of high fat nuts (macadamia, almonds, walnuts or pecans)
6 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced or small balls
6 oz Cheddar cheese, cubed (or Swiss, Monterey or other cheese)
¼ lbs mortadella
¼ lbs prosciutto
4 ounces sliced salami or pepperoni
4 ounces sliced hot soppressata salami
4 ounces green olives
4 ounces pepperoncini peppers
1 roasted orange pepper, sliced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Place nuts and mozzarella in serving bowls; set aside on corners of large serving platter.
2. Begin folding or rolling the mortadella and prosciutto; place on platter.
3. Arrange cheddar, salamis, olives, pepperoncini, and orange pepper slices decoratively on platter.
4. Drizzle oil over ingredients, except for nuts; season with salt and pepper.
Serve with mustard, olive oil, or other sauce for dipping if desired.
Serves: 6 (about 1.5 ounces/person)
Total Carbs: .5g
Net Carbs: .5g
9 oz pepperoni slices
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Working in batches, place pepperoni on a baking sheet, making sure pepperoni doesn’t overlap. Place in oven and cook for 5-8 minutes.
3. Remove pan from oven and use a paper towel to press on the pepperoni to remove excess grease. Place the baking sheet back into the oven and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes, until pepperoni are crisp (but not burnt).
4. Immediately remove from tray and place on a clean paper towel to drain.
Chips can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days in an airtight container (but they won’t last that long!).
Serves 8 (about 2 tbsp per person)
Total Carbs: 5.87g
Net Carbs: 2.84g
2 Hass avocados, skin and seeds removed
2 tbsp red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ C cilantro, chopped
1 lime, for juice (suggest tasting guacamole after adding juice from half the lime first to see if you want a stronger lime flavor)
1. Place avocados in a bowl and use a fork to smash. Make the guacamole as chucky or smooth as desired.
2. Add in onion, garlic, cilantro and lime juice; mix until well combined.
3. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Warning about guacamole:
It serves 8 based on a serving size of 2 tablespoons per person. I find that when I serve this with guest who are not eating LCHF a serving size can be half the entire dish. So factor that in when making this for a party.
Visit my blog: http://dot2trot.com