Diabetic Pumpkin Muffins Recipes
– cooking spray
– ½ cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
– 1 small ripe banana
– ½ cup 1% milk
– 1 tablespoon granulated brown sugar
– ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 1 large egg yolk
– 2 tablespoons raisins
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly spray 5 cups of a standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the 6th cup halfway with water (the other muffins will burn faster if you leave an empty cup. This is a good baking tip to keep in mind).
2. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except raisins until mixture is smooth. (if you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can also use your handmixer.)
3. Stir in the raisins.
4. Spoon the mixture into the 5 prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 45 minutes.
6. Unmold and serve when cool enough to eat by hand or refrigerate for up to 1 week and serve cold.
Per serving: 75 calories (17% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 44 g cholesterol, 133 g sodium